In support of the ReadyChristian preparedness process and the Admin role in the ReadyChurch and ReadyCity structure, we recommend the “When All Plans Fail.”
When All Plans Fail is written from a Christian perspective, and the core of the book is directed toward helping YOU as an individual prepare yourself and your family for the days ahead. When All Plans Fail also speaks to the unique role churches can play in disaster preparedness. In times of crisis, Christians and the church can and should play a vital role in responding to those in need. The church is a natural haven in troubled times.
Don’t Be a Victim! If you are not prepared, you are much more likely to be a victim and even be a barrier to the effectiveness of disaster response teams. Hurricane Katrina in 2005 revealed major weaknesses in local, regional and national response planning. Even in smaller disasters it may take several days for first response teams to reach you and your family.
Following the guidelines of When All Plans Fail, you will create your own Personal Family Disaster Response Plan. In TWENTY-ONE DAYS, you will be well on your way to being prepared! Good planning will relieve much anxiety.
You will have answers to the following questions:
- What common disasters do I need to prepare for where I live?
- How do I prepare myself and family to respond to these disasters?
- How do I take care of my family members with special needs including children, elderly and handicapped family members?
- What emergency supplies do I keep in a Grab-and-Go bag at home, my car and workplace?
- What steps do I need to take to make evacuation plans?
- How do I go about planning disaster response with my neighbors?
- How do I prevent identity loss and identity theft when disasters occur?
- What do I need to know about returning to my home following disasters?
- How do I go about getting recovery aid once I have experienced a disaster?
- What role does my church play in getting members ready for disasters?
- How do I prepare for man-made disasters and terrorist attacks?
- How do I prepare spiritually for disasters?
Christians have a Secret Code for All Emergencies: “Dial” Psalm 91:1.