The IS-244.a: Developing and Managing Volunteers supports the roles of security officer and general preparedness measures for the ReadyChristian, ReadyChurch and ReadyCity participants.
IS-244.a Developing and Managing Volunteers
EMI has made revisions to this course. The course was aligned to the NRF and NIMS changes.
This course is for emergency managers and related professionals working with all types of volunteers and coordinating with voluntary agencies. The course provides procedures and tools for building and working with voluntary organizations. Topics include:
- Benefits and challenges of using volunteers
- Building a volunteer program
- Writing job descriptions
- Developing volunteers through recruitment, placement, training, supervision and evaluation
- Coordinating with voluntary agencies and community-based organizations
- Special issues including spontaneous volunteers, liability, and stress