Victim Relief Ministries has partnered with the Christian Emergency Network to provide sound biblical readiness training for the Share Officer role of the ReadyChurch and ReadyCity programs. Victim Relief Ministries provide additional training for the Share Officer, who is responsible for developing the outreach related activities of the Emergency Operations Plan. Victim Relief Ministries training instructs in assimilating seekers in crisis and insures the overall faith-sharing response is celebrated within the local church or city network.
The vision of Victim Relief is to be a source of hope, comfort and healing for those who have been wounded by the actions of others through crime and disaster. To respond with prayer and leadership through a lifestyle of faith, compassion and love for survivors, whoever and wherever they may be – that is the heart of the VRM training.
Key principles in Victim Relief training include:
- Prayer – Prayer first with a motto of “prayed up, mission ready”.
- Leadership – Jesus is the head of this organization. We look to Him for wisdom, direction and resources.
- Purpose – All activity begins and ends with meeting victim needs and exhibiting the love of Christ.
- Method – Volunteers are driven by faith, compassion and love.
There is no doubt that Victim Relief Ministries specializes in responding to traumatic death. Most volunteers begin to see the nuances of a death scene early in their career with the ministry. Victim Chaplain and Counselor Association (VCCA) offers several Advanced Trainings in this area:
- Homicide Response and Recovery,
- Death Notification,
- Suicide Response and Prevention, and
- Death and Disasters