Churches and ministries are increasingly finding themselves responding to emergencies large and small in their communities and congregations. Christian Emergency Network wants you to be ready! As part of the ReadyCity and ReadyChurch program, CEN has partnered with church safety and security organizations supporting CEN’s mission of Biblical Readiness while providing expertise in security planning, operations, and response.
This training supports the ICS role of Safety & Security Officer.
Name of Training: Advanced High-Risk Travel
Advanced High-Risk Travel
The Advanced, High-Risk Travel Course is a three-day, intensive course providing critical knowledge and skills for traveling safely in today’s global environment. In this dynamic and experientially based training, students learn how to be perceived as "hard targets," and therefore unattractive, to terrorist and criminal activity. Topics covered include:
- Critical Travel Strategies and Techniques presented through:
- Comprehensive Academics
- Full-Spectrum of Advanced Role-play Scenarios
- Thorough Travel Preparation
- Key Strategies for Safe International Travel
- Detecting and Countering Surveillance
- Strategies to Surviving a Captivity Situation
- Skills for Coping with Detention by Foreign Governments
- (Customs, Immigration, Police, Etc.)
- Topics to Avoid Discussing with a Hostage Taker
- Critical Role of Hostages in the Negotiation Process
- Guidelines for a Captive’s Family and Friends
- Dealing with Demands for Ransom
- Interfacing with Government Agencies
- Effective Techniques for Dealing with the Media
- Critical Considerations about Rescue or Escape
"After 27 years as a security practitioner in both the public and private sector, I have never attended a course that was so impactful and relevant to my position as the Global Director of Security and Safety. The Advanced High Risk Travel course was the best training I have received relating to international travel awareness and abduction survival. I have strongly recommended that all of my high-profile travelers attend this program. The professionalism of your staff and instructors was outstanding."
Darin Goodwiler, CPP | Director of Safety & Security | Briggs & Stratton
"Hands down, the best training I have received in the private sector."
Steve Kellner | Global Head of Intelligence & Risk Assessment - Int'l Security | Verizon Communications