Get Ready to Respond - Pray NOW!
CEN Advisory 1.3.20
TLP-WHITE for broad public release
Get Ready to Respond - Pray NOW!
The U.S. State Department has issued an immediate order for U.S. citizens to depart Iraq. Iran issued a new threat of retaliation following the Iranian official news media confirming the commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guards Corps, Major General Qassim Suleimani, was killed in a strike on the Baghdad International Airport early Friday. Officials at the Pentagon have now confirmed the United States carried out the strike after the U.S. Embassy was attacked this week.
“General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region,” the Pentagon statement said. “General Soleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more.”
While threats are not uncommon, Israel and the U.S. are often the target of such threats, the potential for attacks on peaceful communities of all faiths throughout the Middle East and the U.S. should not be dismissed.
- Christians are the most persecuted of all religions globally. In 2019 over 245 million were persecuted and over 4,136 Christians were killed in the top 50 countries for expressing their faith, according to Open Doors USA.
- This past Christmas Day alone, 11 Nigerians were beheaded for living out their faith. According to the University of Maryland domestic terrorism has been on the rise since the 1970”s. START
- While U.S. law enforcement does not ascribe motive to assaults, the FBI and other federal agencies agree anti-Semitism and religious persecution is on the rise.
- Mass casualties have occurred in Christian churches like Sutherland Springs, TX, Charleston, NC, and the West Freeway Church of Christ in TX. Most recently, the threat to six churches followed by the burning of three in Louisiana are just some of the tragic incidents.
In a CEN National team briefing today CEN Founder and President, Mary Marr said: “U.S. federal, state and local law enforcement have often warned foreign fighter sleeper cells, with or without specific directives, may become operational nationwide. Taking an ALL Hazards approach in being ready as a family, church or Christian city network, with or without notice, to respond to these increased tensions is both biblically sound (I Peter 3:15) and wise (Proverbs 22:3) . Being responsive as a Christian and not reactive is our best witness. This is a time to pray for all peaceful Christians, Jews, and Muslims in the Middle East to be protected. It is a time for U.S. Christians to show the love of Christ to those of other faiths when they are also facing the uncertainty of loss of human life and property for exercising their freedom of religion here at home and around the globe.”
Join with other Christians - NOW
- Pray for Christians to be protected and ready to give an answer for the Hope of Christ in these uncertain times and be ready to respond should their be an attack in the U.S..
- Pray for Churches to be ready to respond by staying vigilant and aware, having their own risk assessments complete, their ministry continuity security plans, safety/security teams trained and in place.
- Pray for peace loving Christians, Jews, and Muslims around the world as political tensions rise and their lives are threatened.
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Psalm 122:6
- Care for families of U.S. citizens, U.S. missionaries and U.S. military in the Middle East. Ask them for the names/branch of service of their family members. Pray for divine protection.
- Care for “soft targets”in the U.S., such as houses of worship, synagogues and mosques by training yourself to recognize suspicious behavior through CEN Safety Security 101 Training.
- Care for others - Be ALERT! Be eyes and ears for yourself and your fellow man. If you see something suspicious, call your local police department or submit a SAR Report to law enforcement on what you saw, when and where you saw it IMMEDIATELY!
- Share the Gospel with peace loving neighbors of other faiths as they try to make sense out of the destruction.
- Share with those God places in your path: “We never know if or when we may face a terrorist attack. The Bible speaks of wars and rumors of war, the beginning of birth pangs. Share about the FREE gift of salvation to all who believe you. Share how fear can be eradicated by faith when one has peace with God.” Romans 10:13