August 31, 2019
FEMA Urges Residents to Remain Vigilant
Hurricane Dorian is expected to bring life-threatening storm surges, with dangerous winds and significant infrastructure damage to much of the Florida peninsula and upward along the east coast states beginning Monday. Evacuations have been issued in some areas in Florida. Additional evacuation orders may follow. If you are in the path of Hurricane Dorian, please heed the warnings of authorities, fill your tank, stock your vehicle with supplies, and if ordered to evacuate, GO!
The forecasted track for Dorian may change quickly. Hurricane Dorian is a big storm regardless of where it makes final landfall. The federal, state and tribal governments are preparing for a big response. CEN’s Founder and President Mary Marr says: “The National CEN team will be assessing the areas most underserved, communicating with our field team, and responding to survivors spiritual, emotional, and physical needs. We will be issuing CEN advisories as needed through recovery.”
CEN'S National Safety Security Director, Kurt Jordan says: "As the path and direction of #HurricaneDorian still seems to change consistently, the love and mercy of our Heavenly Father does not. #Emergencypreparedness is key. Although the threat may change, as Christians we must be prepared spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically through constant prayer and preparations to stand ready to give an answer for the Hope of Christ within.”
Read FEMA'S update: Hurricane Dorian.
If an emergency like this were to happen in your area are you a:ReadyChristian
Would you be willing to assist in the direct clean up efforts of Hurricane Dorian? Please fill out the CEN Volunteer Interest Form and we will direct your information to Christian field responders. Some houses will be totaled and some may be cleaned up and restored. Will you BE THERE to help?
- For Christian survivors will trust in His promise: “We know that God causes ALL things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28
- For Christian first responders, who see so much devastation, will rest and help: “Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence.” Psalms 42:5
- For Seekers will view this trial as God drawing them closer to Him: “The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him. It is good that he waits silently for the salvation of the LORD.” Lamentations 3:25-26
- Serve along CEN ReadyFL team. CONTACT US
- Send a note of gratitude to a first responder. “In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- Listen sensitively to those who will be displaced due to Hurricane Dorian: “Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He will do it. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light and your judgment as the noonday. Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him.” Psalms 37:5-7
- Share how your family or church is responding to survivors of Hurricane Dorian.
- CEN Facebook
Learn how you can become a CEN volunteer
CEN is an All Volunteer ministry of the Widow’s Mite Foundation 501c3