Here are just some of the destabilizing headlines we are seeing:
‘Schools Close in KY, OH, MD, and WA’
‘Italy and Norway Close Borders’
‘Large Gatherings Discouraged or Forbidden’
‘Stock Markets Gyrate Wildly Surging Lower’
‘Worst Day Since Black Monday!’
‘NBA, Major League Baseball, Hockey Suspended’
‘Disney Shuts Down’
While these scary headlines raise concern and panic among some, others seem to go about their business with no worries, and thousands are still boarding cruise ships despite official warnings. What is a wise person to do? In the Bible we see King Solomon wrote:
“The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.” Proverbs 22:3
We can see enough danger on the horizon with the COVID19 to understand that reasonable steps of preparation are necessary, not just for our own safety, but for the Church to minister with the Hope of Christ effectively in and through the crisis. As with any crisis we can either focus upon the crisis itself and get stuck or we can prepare spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically to respond in a manner pleasing to the Lord. Who are trusted sources of timely accurate information in the midst of information overload? How can we be AWARE and READY to help others find Hope in the midst of this chaos?
“Be ready to give an answer for the Hope of Christ!” I Peter 3:15
For the past 20 years CEN has been assessing the needs within the Christian community for its own readiness to stand within the chaos the Bible has warned about. CEN’s message has always been clear, it is not about focusing so much on the crisis itself as we will have tribulation in this world. Rather, it IS all about Biblical PREPAREDNESS to give an answer for the Hope of Christ within us!
CEN is now offering an opportunity to receive Christian time-sensitive situational COVID19 briefings and learn about being biblically ready to respond to the current outbreak through ReadyChristian Pandemic Preparedness Training. Participants will pray together and interact with other Christians nationwide on what they are learning and how they are responding to the unfolding global crisis.
- Businesses, large and small, feeling the impact to their supply chain. Luke 12:24, Isaiah 43:20
- Educators, students and their families to adapt to alternative methods of teaching/learning and adjusting to different schedules. Philippians 4:11-13
- Christians to remain unshaken and postured to reflect peace that passes understanding in this time of crisis. Hebrews 12:27-28; Philippians 4:7
- Christians who will listen to the voice of the Prince of Peace and not follow the voice of fear; that they will Biblically respond to the rapidly changing landscape from a place of strength - readiness, not weakness or fear. John 10:4-5
Care for those God places in your path by:
- Join the CEN COVID19 weekly briefings to learn about being biblically ready to respond to the current outbreak through ReadyChristian Pandemic Preparedness Training.
- Providing schools in your area with the link to the CEN School All Hazard Continuity Plan
- Gather 30-60 days of supplies of food, cash, and medicine for “self or directed” quarantine. Keep your gas tanks filled up. You will use it anyway so be prepared!
- Reach out to those whose children are out of school or have been mandated to work remotely. Offer support, a listening ear and encouragement, by calling or sending a text with a scripture and prayer.
Share the words of Hope found only in Christ with those around you:
- The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So, shall I be saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:1-3
- Be ready to share the hope and peace that come from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ with those unprepared and shaken by this crisis. Put some specific versus into a card and send it to a loved one who is struggling finding peace in this crisis.
CEN is an All Volunteer ministry of the Widow’s Mite Foundation 501c3