CEN Advisory 3.3.20
TLP-WHITE for broad public release
CEN Responding to ReadyTNHow can we best pray and support you?
CEN ReadyTN partners experienced multiple tornadoes early Tuesday. At least 19 people across four counties have been killed and many hospitalized after widespread damage in Nashville. One tornado affected 40 buildings in downtown Nashville. The President of the U.S. will be traveling today to assess the damage as he directs the TN Emergency Management they will have support in the aftermath. Schools are closed in the area and officials are continuing the assessment process to determine the extent of the damage, loss of life and the next steps to recovery.Full story Weather.com
CEN National Logistics Officer Sherry Buresh reports: “CEN ReadyTN will be partnering with the Inspiritus Christian ministry, who are already moving in resources into the affected area for clean up, debris removal, roof tarp, and chainsaw mitigation, while doing the on-site assessment. I will be coordinating the ReadyTN volunteers and ongoing needs through the Inspiritus landing page. We will have a food distribution office locally to assist those in the greatest need in partnership with Second Harvest. There will be volunteers needed for lunch distributions at the food distribution office. Please pray for members of St John’s Lutheran Church in Donelson, TN which was so heavily impacted. Germantown was also heavily damaged. However, the biggest impact appears to be in Wilson, Davidson and Putnam counties. Please pray for God’s mercy to rest upon these people as it will take a long time to recover. But, our team will be on the ground in hours to assess immediate needs, start the clean up, and learn how to best the support community.” If you would like to volunteer alongside CEN Sherry Buresh please register at:www.WeInSpirit.org.”
The CEN National Incident Command Mobile Team stands ready to support ReadyTN with trained incident command units, as needed. Currently, they are awaiting instructions from CEN Logistics Assessment. If you would like to deploy with the CEN mobile team contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a ReadyChristian or ReadyChurch and would like to volunteer in any way to assist the CEN National Command Center with ongoing public information such as ReadyTN advisories, resource information procurement, updates to the CEN ReadyTN landing page on churches and resources in close proximity for mitigation, or to assist in the distribution of ReadyTN communications to this affected region, through recovery please contact: email@example.com
To access the CEN ReadyTN landing page please use your secure "CEN. net" email.
If you have not already received your secure CEN. net email please Join the CEN Network today to receive your secure "CEN. net" email to access the CEN ReadyTN landing page where instructions will be posted ongoing.
Pray for those in ReadyTN:
- Pray for the closely knitted “Music City”, for strength, comfort and healing, for families and businesses deeply affected and broken hearted by loss of life and property due to last night’s tornado. Psalm 46:1;7
- Pray for first responders, community leaders, emergency management and volunteers to be united and for wisdom in coordinating their response efforts. Proverbs 2:2;5
- Pray for search and rescue teams to be divinely led to trapped or injured survivors ; for those restoring power and removing debris, for their safety and protection. Isaiah 58:11
- Pray for open doors for believers to share the hope and love of the Gospel in this crisis when people are asking, “Where is God in this?”. 1 Peter 3:15
Care for those in ReadyTN
- Care for displaced victims of the tornado , by helping with meals, temporary lodging, transportation and directing them to the resources needed. Galatians 6:2
- Care for survivors by partnering or volunteering with churches or other organizations who are providing relief, resources and practical help. Daniel 11:32B
- Care for tornado survivors by listening to their experience and concerns about the future. Be Spirit led in your response of scripture or prayer. Philippians 2:4
Share the words of Hope found only in Christ with those around you:
- Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- 1 Peter 3:15 Share the love of Christ and the HOPE of the gospel through - being ready when those around you ask: “Where is God in this?”
- Share words of encouragement; prayer support or scripture on Nashville news outlet websites; also on Nashville social media pages. Hebrews 10:24
CEN is an All Volunteer ministry of the Widow’s Mite Foundation 501c3