AWARE - READY - THERE!
The Christian Emergency Network (CEN) rallies Christians in emergencies of all kinds. Our goal is for the network to be the first point of contact for any person facing a life-threatening situation who does not know Jesus Christ. CEN unites with thousands of Christian organizations, ministries, churches, media and millions of individuals to offer Hope to the hopeless.
"I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call upon me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue them and honor them. I will satisfy them with a long life and give them my salvation." Psalms 91:14-16
CEN ENCOURAGES CHRISTIANS TO FOLLOW A THREE-STEP READINESS AND RESPONSE PROCESS:
- "Be Aware" of our uncertain times from a Biblical worldview;
- "Be Ready" physically, emotionally and spiritually; and
- "Be There" responding as courageous disciples who are Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â praying, caring and sharing Christ effectively.
It's as simple as 1-2-3.
MANY CHRISTIANS ARE INVOLVED WITH CEN BECAUSE THEY KNOW:
- We are stronger together than we are separately - Unity
- Greater Church readiness allows us to survive and help others - Ready
- Timely programming geared to sharing the "Who" behind Christian response will capture the attention of a media-driven culture - Gospel
- When tragedy occurs it is often the doorway to faith - Opportunity
Where else can you be a part of a movement like this?
Rather than "doing our own thing," CEN is uniting Christians around "God's thing."
CEN UNITES CHRISTIANS AND MINISTRIES DURING EMERGENCIES LIKE KATRINA BY COMMUNICATING NEEDS, SERVICES AND INFORMATION, SERVING THE CHURCH BODY AS SEEN BY THE EXAMPLES BELOW:
- A Katrina victim knew to evacuate from a CEN email alert (when all other forms of communication failed)
- A church was spared costly litigation by knowing how to shelter victims using proper protocol found in a CEN resource
- A national CEN ministry partner distributed 4 million Gospel booklets to refugees who were asking the question, "Where is God in this?"
- Christian media offered timely programming geared to guide their audience in volunteering and donations using CEN's Media Advisories
Whether you are a Christian family, organization, ministry, church, or media outlet in any emergency, "your part" God cannot do; "His part" you cannot do.
Know and do your part...[Get Involved]